Miss Annabelle is now 2 1/2 and in a big girl bed. Her crib converts to a toddler bed and she absolutely loves it. B did the conversion Sunday morning and Annabelle was standing right by his side the entire time. She kept asking "Daddy, what are you doing?" and she was so proud to show Gwyneth "my big girl bed".
I was worried about the transition, but she was certainly ready for it. B was putting Gwyneth to bed and Annabelle said "Ok, I go nigh, night". She walked in her room, climbed up on her stool, turned off her light, closed her door and climbed into bed - all on her own. When B followed her in she was all smiles in her new bed just waiting to be covered up. I'm not quite ready for this independence, but she makes me proud!
I was told it takes a long time for the little ones to figure out its ok to get out of bed by themselves - not around our house. Annabelle was in and out of the bed in no time. She hasn't gotten up during the night, but I'm curious when we'll get our first middle of the night visit.....



No comments:
Post a Comment