Monday, January 4, 2010

back to the grind

December was a very busy and hectic month for us and we're looking forward to quieter times ahead. The girls thrive on a schedule and being out of daycare, traveling, visitors, holidays, illness, etc has thrown them for a loop. Today was their first day back at daycare and they came home in the BEST moods. They were all smiles, hugs, and kisses.

Annabelle has two new phrases that are used quite often "I'll be riiiiiight back, ok" and "Just one more minute, ok?". She says both of these with her little index finger pointed right at you. When she heads to daycare she tells me "ok, see you later. have fun". "OK" is used in nearly every sentence. We've had our first fashion confrontation - she has started voicing her opinion about what she'll be wearing. We disagreed last week and I let her win that battle. I figure it's never too early to start picking my battles with her wisely.

Gwyneth is all about animal noices right now. She has named her monkey "ooh ooh, aaah, aaah". My other favorites are her bear, elephant and fish. She says "no" eagerly and says "yeah" rather than "yes".  She still gives the absolute best hugs on earth. She goes in with wreckless abandon - throws her arms around your neck and brings it in the for real deal! She doesn't mess around with hugs and I love them. If you ask her where her belly is she pulls her shirt right up to show it off. If you ask where her cheeks are she grabs her little face, squeezes it and says "I'm chubs!".

Back to the routine....

No comments:

Post a Comment