Saturday, April 24, 2010

dallas

I'm so blessed to have a mom who is always willing to help me and spend time with her granddaughters. YaYa offered to fly out and stay with the girls so B and I could head down to Dallas for a quick trip. We were only gone for 2 days but we managed to squeeze in a lot of fun.

From the sound of it so did my mom and the girls! They went to a movie (Gwyneth's 1st!), did lots of shopping, read every book in the house, did every puzzle, played with babies and blocks, went to Ryan's birthday party, and even had dinner with my inlaws. That is one amazing YaYa and you have to applaud that level of energy! I'd like to think that's where I get it from but even her weekend made me a bit tired just hearing about it.

We arrived in Dallas on Friday just in time to meet Jamie, Craig and Alicia for lunch at the Hacienda. We chowed down, had a few drinks, and lots of laugh. What fun! Jamie had to head to the airport to pick up her mom so the rest of us headed to a nearby patio to enjoy another cocktail and the sun. About that time it was snowing in Colorado making the outdoor patio even more lovely!

That evening we headed over to Hal and Ticey's house and ordered in Hacienda for dinner. I was starting to get a bit nervous when Jamie told me her baby shower was going to be catered by the Hacienda - there are other restaurants in Dallas right? Of course she was just joking and it was just a coincidence we had all our meals there the first day. We were able to see Kennedy and Hudson and play with them before they headed off to bed. They are getting so big and are really fun. The Geyer's have their hands full with twins! I'm glad we were able to visit with them even if it was just a quick trip.

Saturday morning we got up early and headed over to see my Uncle Ollie, Aunt Jenn, and cousin Zoie. I haven't seen Zoie since she was about 6 months old and she's going to be 5! Time sure does fly. She is a cutie and when Jenn explained to her that we were cousins she said "no, she's too big!". Her other cousins are 4 and 6 so being in my ummm-30's does make me a bit big but cousins we are in deed. We grabbed BBQ's tacos for brunch (gotta love Texas!) and spent a few hours playing rock band, memory games (which Zoie won!), and searching for toy bunnies she desperately wanted to show me. I can't wait to bring my girls with us on our next trip. They'll have so much fun with all the kiddos!

I must sadly report I have no pictures up until this point of my trip. So very unlike me. I finally pulled out my little camera for Jamie's shower. Next time I'll be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment