Tuesday, April 20, 2010

sick in the ear

Miss Gwyneth had a rough night and was tugging at her ear. She even grabbed her ears in the morning and told us "Owwwie" so we wasted no time taking her to the doctor.  B picked her up early from daycare and ran her to the doctor's office. I was worried she had an ear infection and with YaYa arriving on Thursday I didn't want Gwyneth to be miserable or grouchy during her visit. She has inflamed ear drums, but not an ear infection.....yet. We were given a prescription for antibiotics and if she continues to tug on her ears we'll need to get it filled. Poor girl. Inflamed ear drums do not sound any better than an ear infection.

When I arrived to pick Annabelle up from daycare she was MAD! She was on the playground and saw her Daddy picking up Gwyneth and was not happy that he didn't take her home too. I tried to explain to her that Gwyneth was at the doctor and she said "I know, GG is sick in the ear!".  I never thought to phrase it quite that way, but yes perhaps she is just a bit sick in the ear.

I am doing some major spring cleaning around my house. I get antsy ever few years and want to move. We're going on 2 1/2 years in our house and I'm feeling the walls closing in on me. I guess I have some housing committment issues....  Since we're settled in with a family now, there won't be any big moving adventures any time soon (we've started looking for houses nearby because we do like our area, but no cross country moves for a while).

When I get antsy I start cleaning and organzing. I gutted the kitchen cabinets and shed some very old canned goods that were hidden way in the back (very old - I think some of those suckers have lived in 3 different states with us!). I rotated toys in the playroom - put away some neglected items and brought out some new toys that were saved from Christmas. I moved the baby dolls and most of the books to Annabelle's room and moved the kitchen and some of the wood food to Gwyneth's room. Hopefully these changes will keep them entertained for a while, at least until birthday's arrive this summer. Hopefully seeing my perfectly organized cabinets and closets will keep me content for a while too. If not, I guess I'll just have to get a new couch....that's what B buys for me when I get too antsy. I should note, I have two brand new couches in my house right now so my moving anxiety has not gone unnoticed.

No comments:

Post a Comment